Mrs Shreeve is a qualified level 3 Forest School leader and delivers blocks of 6 week sessions on a Wednesday afternoon on a rota basis giving each class the opportunity to participate and experience the outdoors and the great British weather…come rain or shine!
Children can enjoy activities such as den building, bug hunting, boggit making, fairy/elf house building, scavenger hunts and many many more besides.
At the end of the 6 weeks each class gets to enjoy a camp fire and the ever popular marshmallow toasting!
Pulham Forest School Aims:
- To encourage children to make their own decisions and take responsibility for their actions.
- Build upon and develop their practical skills and provide opportunities to practice in a safe environment.
- Develop independence but also work as part of a team and look out and care for one another.
- Learn to appreciate and care for the natural environment and understand the impact we have on it.
- Make choices, listen to others and discover new things.
- Improve social and language skills.
Be happy and have FUN!
“Forest School is an inspirational process, that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve, develop confidence and self-esteem, through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees. Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.”
definition from The Forest School Association (formed in 2012)